SECedu is a unique partnership between the University of New South Wales and the Commonwealth Bank that aims to train Australia's next generation of cyber security professionals.
It combines the talents of Australia's best computer science school with the country's largest and most respected cyber security teams.
Over the next five years, SECedu plans to deliver:
- A comprehensive cyber security specialisation as part of UNSW's renown Computer Science degree. This will include two revised subjects and 3-4 new subjects.
- The fit-out of the UNSW Security Engineering Lab at the Kensington (Sydney) campus of UNSW.
- Four CommBank Security Engineering Fellowships for teachers at UNSW.
- Financial support for four research scholarships in cyber security.
- The entire undergraduate cyber security curriculum at UNSW will be offered to the world under Creative Commons Licensing as a Massive Open Online Course.